We woke up this morning to very cloudy skies and cool temperatures. But that didn't stop us from moving on with our original plan. A day at the races!
We ate a leisurely breakfast and then all got dressed and ready to go. Mike and I made ham and cheese sandwiches for all of us, and packed drinks and snacks for a picnic lunch. The kids were beside themselves with excitement, they love going to the racetrack.
Since it was family day, we took Leilani, Chris, and Malik over to the kids fun section. They bounced around in the moon bounce, rode the ponies, and each got balloon sculptures.
We are not big gamblers.....we usually spend a total of about $10-$15 at the track. Mike was amazed that I picked the winning horse in the first 3 races, although he only bought the ticket for one of them. The 4th race my charm wore off, but returned again for the 5th and 6th race.
All in all, we had an amazing time. Mom enjoyed herself, and best of all, Leilani and Chris had a blast with thier cousin watching the horses race.
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





1 comments:
Sounds like a great time. I have never been to the race track. I should go really soon. Pimlico Race Track is really close to me.
Post a Comment