CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Why is it so sad to say goodbye to a loved one after spending 2 great months with them?

My mom arrived for her visit on May 1st. She was able to share in Leilani's 1st Communion, Christopher's Soccer Game, babysat them while Mike and I got a much deserved day out in Atlantic City, Leilani's dance recital, and even helped us in restaining our deck. We even were able to take her out to an early birthday dinner, and had a family reunion.

Today 2 months and 10 days later, we dropped her off at the shuttle bus stop to go to the airport for her trip back to Miami before she goes off to Puerto Rico.

It was really sad. Christopher and Leilani were sad from the night before. And I knew once Chris got started you wouldn't be able to stop me. And that he did. He kept begging her to stay and that he didn't want her to go. That was all we needed for Leilani and I to get started. Malik was crying but mainly because he saw all of us crying. Poor Chris. He bonded so much with Grandma Iris during this trip! He cried the whole ride back to Chuck E Cheese's. I was able to calm him down after we arrived and he had a good time. I think it was a good idea that I decided to take them there today. This way thier minds were preoccupied instead of mopping around at home.

I already miss my mom terribly. I really miss waking up and having her to chat to. I know that I will still speak to her almost daily, but having her in person is so much better. I can't wait for her visit next year. I wish she lived closer.

0 comments: