I had an awesome weekend! After not attending the Memories Expo this year in leiu of my sister Tina's surprise baby shower, I was itching to go shop and crop at a scrapbooking convention or expo. My best scrapping buddy, Jenn, was feeling the same way. She couldn't attend the Memories Expo in April because she was so close to giving birth to her son, Niko. We were planning on going to the Scrapbook Expo in Long Island even though we weren't thrilled with it until that fateful day when the postcard advertising the CKC arrived in our mailboxes the same day.
I looked at it and ran a MapQuest. This place is only 90 minutes from my house in neighboring Philly, PA. I asked Jenn if she got the card and whether she thinks her hubby would be willing to take her to it. She said she would run it by him at dinner. I called Mike and worked and he said sure as long as it isn't too expensive since we are going to Disney this year. I IMed her and told her from my end it was an all go. Later that evening she said it was an go on her end as well! WOOHOO!!!!
We had only a short 4 weeks to prepare for the convention. I managed to snag a crop ticket and Jenn didn't at first. I was worried she wouldn't get one. But she was confident that someone would end up cancelling and she would be in like flynn! Sure enough, that is exactly what happened! We both made page kits to take with us and were pumped!
We met up at 9:30am at the hosting hotel, went down to the convention and the rest was history!! We loved all the Vendor Faire had to offer...and boy did we SHOP!!! The items we saw were incredible. We were in such awe that we said we would definitely go back next year. I can't wait! I will love to get my hands on the new items that CHA unvieled to be coming out in the next couple of seasons. Here's a sneak peek at some of them http://spazzgirldaily.blogspot.com/ . Although the crop wasn't anything to write home about (no music, disappointing goody bags, and no snacks) we had a great time laughing and cropping. We ran into a couple of our scrapping friends that we made at a Farmingdale crop and we all sat together which made it more fun!
The next morning we shopped some more, and then said our goodbyes at noontime. Mike, I, and the kids were off for a day of exploring Philly. It was so hot out! And we were hungry! We walked and found a little Philly Cheesesteak place called Steve's Steaks and had lunch there. It was delicious! With tummys full we were then ready to set out on our adventure.
We saw the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, among other sites. Poor Leilani, ended up running on the muddy grounds in front of Independence Hall and fell. Luckily the day was so hot and we went to the bathroom and I had her strip in a stall and wait while I cleaned her clothes and dried them with the hand dryers. They were damp when I put them back on her but in the summer sun they dried in no time! We even went to the seaport and looked across the bridge that connects PA and New Jersey. At 6pm we decided to call it a day. We were all exhausted from all the walking and the heat.
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
6 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment