CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 26, 2008

We'll Miss You, Tweety

The past couple of days have been tough for us. Seeing our usual cheerful Tweety puffed up and seldom opening her eyes was heartbreaking. We knew it would only be a matter of time before she goes.

I was so afraid she would go while we spent the night over at my brother, Raul, & Christine's house. But it seems Tweety somehow knew it would be devastating for us to return and find her gone.

We returned last night and she was sitting on her favorite perch sleeping. I talked to her and told her I knew she was under the weather. I took the water and food container to clean and refill them. In that time she rather clumsily flew down from her perch and went to the front corner of the cage. I talked to her a little more, and told her I hope she feels better soon and goodnight and Mike covered thier cage for the night.

When Mike opened up the covering this morning, Mike looked over at me and said "Tweety's gone." It was devastating to hear, even though I knew she wasn't well. Leilani and I have been crying all morning. Mike has too. Tweety was with us close to 11 years.

We've been looking through pictures from the first week we got them and throughout the years. She was such a beautiful cockateil. We will surely miss her.

3 comments:

Melissa S said...

Soo sad Carmen...I feel for you..I would love to see a pic of Tweety. Hugs to you!

Beth said...

I have never met you but I got tears in my eyes reading your post. I am very sorry. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Awwww, I'm sorry to hear about Tweety. :(