I want to thank everyone for thier condolences and positive thoughts about Tweety. It is so heartwarming to know that I have many blog buddies who care.
It was a rough first few days. Leilani went to school fine on Tuesday, but upon arrival she saw the beautiful yellow daffodils and started crying. "Mom, the yellow color was the same shade as Tweety, and they reminded me of her." I had sent her teacher an email warning her Leilani may be a tad bit emotional. Had I been logged on early that morning, I would have seen her response that she wasn't going to be at school that day. I would've kept her home. No matter. Aside from the few tears upon arrival, she was fine the rest of the day.
Each day it has gotten better. Baby seems to be adjusting to having the cage all to himself. As they say, life goes on...
The week has been a whirl of activities. I had a swap to finish up and mail out. I actually love how it turned out.
The hostess, Susan, gave us a sample of how she'd like the swap to turn out and then we take it from there. I took the topper position in the boy and girl birthday swap, and the journal box in the adult birthday. On the toppers, I asked the participants if they knew the age of the pic they would like to use it for and I stickled the number to make it stand out. Of course, many swappers are like me and never know what they will be using it for, so only a couple of them were personalized.
Today, I did my usual running around rounding up the supplies for the girl scouts activities for tomorrow. First, they will be making up thier invitations for thier flying up to Juniors ceremony. Then I figured since this is our last meeting before thier end of year party/flying up ceremony, I would let them do something fun. So I went and purchased them all flip flops and they will be decorating them. I made a sample for myself for them to see the finished product.
(Please excuse the un-pedicured little piggies). Thier flip flops will look so much better since thiers are in a solid color. Mine were just a pair I had picked up at the dollar store to use for going in the backyard. The ribbon yarn makes them look so chic and girly. I am sure they are going to have a BLAST making them, just in time for summer.
14 more days of school! WOOHOO! Can't wait for lazy days of summer.....
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





1 comments:
I think your flip-flops look great! We had a rainbow wedding so I'm into lots of colors together.
Post a Comment