Mother Nature treated us to her greatness and her not so greatly appreciated weather the whole weekend.
Friday we spent most of the day bumming around the house. Leilani and Christopher had the day off for a teacher inservice day. Mike was working from home. I woke up early in order to get ready for my dentist appointment. UGH! It went alot better than I thought it would. I have to get a filling done next Friday which I knew I would need, so it was expected. Then I will be going for a deep cleaning. Then it was Mike's turn in the afternoon. Other than that we didn't go out of the house it all. It was a really dreary rainy day so the kids spent the whole day in thier Pj's. They love those days!
Saturday we woke up to bright sunny skies. Mike did some outdoor work and then we went to one of Leilani's friends birthday party. It was really nice since Mike got to chat with the dads, me with the moms, and the kids played with all thier little friends. They had a mad scientist there and they had a great time. Mike and I had decided we would go apple picking....that was until the skies opened up and we were doused with rain! So much for that! We ended up going to the mall to preorder my copy of The Little Mermaid on DVD at the Disney store. Mike ended up preordering the CARS movie for Christopher as one of his birthday presents while we were there. And me being a huge fanatic of collecting lithographs was in all my glory wiht the set of 8 that I recieved!
Sunday started off dark and gloomy. We woke up bright and early trying to get to Walmart to get the TMX Elmo's but no luck. First of all we thought the store opened at 8am, they actually open at 7am. So of course by the time we arrived they were all gone. Not that we would have gotten one anyway! From what we later discovered was that people were camped out in front of Walmart from 1am!!! Ummmm sorry, I would never camp out that early to get ANYTHING! LOL We ended up going to Target and Kmart for some PJ's and sweatsuits for Leilani. And had an unhealthy breakfast of Dunkin Donuts while we were out.
The rain looked like it was going to go on for the whole day. My troop coleader Pam called me wondering if we had to cancel the girls meet and greet at the park. Last weekend we canceled it and no more than 40 minutes later the sun came out. Mother Nature wasn't going to make a fool of me again....no sireee! I told her lets wait another hour and see if it clears up. PERFECT! The clouds parted and sunshine and blue skies graced the rest of the day. Only 7 of the 16 girls showed up, but they had a blast together nonetheless!
Today is another day off for Leilani and Christopher...this time it is a Jewish Holiday (don't know which one). We were planning a playdate with Leilani's friends, but since it is such a nice day out, I will be picking up the girls and Amy thier mom and going to the park instead. The cold weather will be fast approaching us so we might as well take advantage of the time outdoors!
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment