Thank Heaven for Little Girls......um...yeah, sure. I love my daughter, and I love all my daughter's little friends....but why do they have to be so darn dramatic??? Here I am thinking Leilani is so busy during the week that she rarely gets time to play...and after being in school all day and only getting the over before it's started time at recess to interact with her friends, I being the ever thoughtful mommy decided to set up a playdate for Leilani. 3 of her good friends came over to play.
They all looked so darn cute in thier pink shirts and pink caps (today was cap day at school and ironically they all wore pink). But don't let the sugarlicious color fool you. I know there isn't a full moon out, but it seems that the stars were all misaligned today. There was complete chaos at this playdate today! LOL Somebody PLEASE yell at me and tell me why I thought that everything would run smoothly, the girls would all play nicely and I could review my class notes for tonights class. (YEAH and remind me that WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING DOING A PLAYDATE ON CLASS NIGHT, LOL!)
It all started when the 1/4 of my Girl Scouts troop decided to play with Christopher's Star Wars LEGO toy. I told Mike, hot glue that baby together so that it wouldn't fall apart. Well all was fine, until Miss A got upset that she couldn't play with them. Chris only has 2 little LEGO men, and Miss K#1 and Miss K#2 were playing with them. I told her that maybe they can take turns. She shuffled over to a corner and started to sulk. Leilani, noticing that she wasn't playing, went over to her and started running down a list of fun stuff to do with her. She wasn't budging. Nothing that poor Leilani was suggesting was as good as playing with the coveted Christopher's toy. So I went over to help them figure this out. I really sold them on playing Disney Scene It.
Of course there was some arguing about who would go first, but I settled that quickly by randomly picking the order in which they came to me for snack as the order in which they would play. I explained how the game worked and they started playing and really enjoying it. Mission accomplished.....well not exactly. As I was just about settled on the dining room table with my Europides Medea book to read, Miss K and Miss K come over to me. This was the dialogue:
Miss K #1- Ms. Carmen, K said that my turn is over.
Miss K #2- She didn't answer the question correctly so her turn is over.
Me- That's right, if you don't answer the question correctly your turn is over and the next person gets a turn.
Miss K #1- But K said that I couldn't play any more so I don't get a turn.
Me- Not exactly. Your turn is over only till everyone gets a turn. Then it's your turn again.
So they run off to play again. All of a sudden Miss A runs over and tells me Miss K #2 is crying. Oh boy! I go over and ask whats the matter. Miss K #2 is in hysterics and no one knows why. She cries that she wants her mom to come pick her up. I try to calm her down to no avail. She wants to talk to her mom and go home. So I call her mom up and she and I discuss how the drama of 7 year olds. She talks to her and tells her that she will come over as soon as someone arrives to watch her little guy.
I told the girls to go to the playroom while I spoke to Miss K#2. It seems that Miss K #1, did a little embellishing to her story. Miss K #2 stated that she told her that her turn was over, but she never stated that she was out of the game...which was finished off with a bout of hysterics again. I calmed her down and assured her I am certain she didn't say that. And that sometimes stories sound a little more interesting to some with a little more flair. LOL I called mom up and told her not to rush to just pick them up at the regular time since Miss K#2 seemed to have calmed down.
Alls well......Uh...it doesn't end there! LOL
Now all the girls are in the playroom and playing nicely and SHARING Christopher's LEGO Star Wars. I pick up my book again. "Hey don't play so rough with the toy" Leilani says, "It can fall apart easily!" From where the corner of my eye, I see them continue thier playing. Then it happens. Part of the LEGO falls apart. OK, time for intervention. I ask the girls to play with something else since Christopher was now showing signs of distress. They agreed and went on to play with Leilani's Bratz dolls and Cribz. Then I hear Miss K #1 yell.."I don't want to play with this" as she is standing up and a collective gasp. In the dramatics she pushed the Cribz and a flood came on in the 'hood. I quickly get some paper towels and mop up the leak. Miss K#1 states that that toy shouldn't have water in it. Since there are no real fish in it. I contain my laughter and state "Well, it requires water." and let them know that Miss K#2 mom would be there shortly, so time to clean up. Of course they all ran away, while a crying Leilani cleaned up her toys (She unfortunately has a smudgen of moms OCD for order with her toys).
At 5pm, Miss K#2 mom arrives and the girls are ready to go. Leilani has gotten control of her emotions and all is well. She actually suggested that maybe we should do playdates with the twins and Miss K#2 separately. Even though adding the 4th girl evens up the number, it seems that they are all vying for attention.
Ahhhh....7 year olds. Calgon take me away! Off to get ready for school...
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment