It always seems that when you are having a great weekend, it is over and done with before you know it!
Saturday we woke up at our leisure, strolled downstairs and had breakfast that was already done for us ALA Dunkin Donuts. Mike surprised us the night before by getting the kids their favorite donuts and he bought himself and I the French Toast Twist they are marketing big time! It went great with my decaf coffee. We then promptly came upstairs, took our showers and got dressed. For we had an all day birthday party to go to. Lil Jake was turning 3 today! Christopher had told everyone in his class that he was going to go to his godbrother's birthday and more importantly that he was going to see his madrina and his padrino. Leilani the baby lover that she is couldn't wait to see how much baby Dylan has grown.
The birthday party was in two parts. The kiddie party was held at The Little Gym in Wayne and consisted of 21 little 3-4 year olds and 1 seven year old, Leilani. They had a blast! After the party we went over to Vicky and Jake's house. It was so much fun seeing all the updates they have done to the house. The basement was every little (and big boys) dream! Needless to say the kids and the men spent most of thier time down there. We all left at about 9:30pm and headed back home.
Today we spent the majority of the day running errands. We are 80% done with Leilani's Christmas shopping. I just have to get to Toys R Us and see what we will be getting for Christopher. He has 2 things that he really wants, so we will for sure will be getting him those things. But we will have to see what else to get him.
Leilani and I got into a deep discussion about the differences between a little girl and a big girl. She gets a little annoyed when I call her my little girl. She promptly says "MMMMMOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!! I am NOT a little girl! I am a big girl!" Of course I always tell her not to rush childhood. Your a child for such a short time....you are an adult forever. So I explained to her that in many ways she is still a little girl even if she doesn't want to believe it.
Tomorrow is picture day for Christopher! He is so excited! We got him the cutest little outfit at Macy's. After scouring the Children's Place and coming out empty handed, we made the last attempt in Macys and hit the jackpot. A perfect outfit for pictures and Thanksgiving! Now as all school pics go, I hope the pics come out cute!
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment