CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Paint Fight!

This afternoon, I get Leilani off the bus and am greeted by a blue paint spacled face and haired 7 year old. Now I know Monday is art, but what the heck were they doing???

Me: Leilani, why do you have paint on your hair and face?
Leilani: I still have paint?!? Oh God!
Me: Yes, alot of it too.
Leilani: That was Paige. Andie started it though.
Me: Started what?
Leilani: Mom, Paige and I got in trouble and didn't get to finish our project. But I don't understand why Andie got to finish hers. I mean she started it.
Me: (sigh) Can you please start at the beginning?
Leilani: We were at art class and we were working with watercolor paints. Well Andie sits next to me, she flicked paint on my project. I told her don't do that and flicked paint back at her. Then Paige wet her paintbrush, leaned over the table, and flicked paint all over my face.
Me: Where was the teacher at this time?
Leilani: Well, our teacher isn't there during art. Only the art teacher. She was at another table and only got to see Paige flicking the paint at me and Andie told her I messed up her birthday shirt.
Me: Aahh, I see. So how do you think this should have been resolved?
Leilani: (gets teary eyed) I should not have flicked paint.
Me: Exactly. Just because Andie did it first doesn't make it right to do it back. But more importantly this shows you that even though you didn't start the paint fight, the ones that were immitating got the punishment and the one that started it didn't, right.
Leilani: Yeah...that wasn't nice. I didn't get to finish my project mom (tears flow)
Me: It's a lesson, Lei. Next time just think of what will happen if you get caught doing something you are not supposed to be doing even if your friends are first to do it.
Leilani: Sorry Mom. I will be sure to tell them not to do it and not copy them again.

Pep talks! Ah, the JOYS of Motherhood!

0 comments: