This weekend had to be the worst weekend, weatherwise, of the year. No we didn't have 30 inches of snow, or an ice storm. Nothing that grave. But I can definitely say that what we had the Northeast equivilant of a Hurricane. Meteorologists called it a Noreeaster. Heck if a tropical depression in FL is like this, I would be really afraid to feel a full blown hurricane! The winds were whipping the trees all around as though they were puppets, we heard it howling on our windows. It threw the rain on the window like pellets! It was pretty scary.
Still, I took Leilani to her school Halloween party. She had an awesome time. I can already see her when she is in college and gets to go clubbing with the girls. She will be in the middle of the dance floor living it up....just like her momma did! LOL Next day we almost had to cancel going to my brother's housewarming party, the weather was that bad. We waited it out and by 12pm the weather started clearing and we got ready to hit the road. It took us 3 hours to get there. We had a great time! His home is beautiful. It is a 2 bedroom duplex apartment with a garage and all. We loved hanging with Chrissy-poo. And the kids loved playing with the kids who came to the party. Of course we had to get a couple of games of Taboo in before we left Sunday morning to go visit Auri.
Mike's birthday was spent nice and quietly. We bought a little cake and sang him happy birthday and gave him our presents. Now he has the complete Star Wars movie collection. We purchased Star Wars Episode 1 & 3, to complete the collection he already had. Leilani and Chris cannot wait to do a Star Wars marathon!
This morning I woke up, got Leilani and then Christopher off to school, and prepared myself for my mission....to complete Christmas shopping for the kids. We had already purchased 3 of the 6 items we were going to give Leilani when Target has had them on sale. But I had zilch for Christopher. Not that I didn't want to start shopping for him, but at almost 4 years old, he likes everything and doesn't LOVE much! So thanks to the Toys R Us Big Book that came in with the weekend newspaper, I managed to develop a list of things he really liked. I arrived to Toys R Us in 20 minutes. Zipped through the store and purchased all but two things on my list. Hmmm I have 40 minutes, I think I can do it. I drove with a mission. COMPLETE CHRISTMAS SHOPPING. I stopped at Rag Shop and purchased one item in a little under 5 minutes. Then I ran into Target and bought the last item on the list. Then I zoomed off home to wait for Christopher to get dropped off. I arrived home at 11:30am exactly. Ran up to the secret hiding place, put away the toys and made it downstairs at 11:34am just as Kati was arriving with an oblivious Christopher. PHEW!!! Mission COMPLETED!
Now all I have to do is get Mike's Christmas gifts and our moms and help Leilani make a few gifts for her teachers and we are home free! I love being done with shopping before Thanksgiving! It allows me to truly enjoy the holiday!
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment