
It is hard to imagine that Halloween has come and gone. Wait, I can imagine it...because today I have been functioning on auto-pilot. Yesterday I was running from the moment I woke up!
I decided that I would take pics of Chris and Lei together in costume before they set out to school. Christopher has been swinging back and forth from wanting to be Jack Sparrow, and then not wanting to be Jack Sparrow for the last two weeks. Since he woke up in a Captain Jack Sparrow mood, and wasn't sure if he would last the whole day like that (he did actually!) I decided to dress Leilani in her costume in order to get my pics of the two of them together. After a mini photo session outside, I came back in, dressed Leilani in her school clothes, placed the costume in the backpack, and saw her off on her bus. I would be seeing her all dressed in costume at her school's parade at 1:30pm.
I would usually have approximately 30 minutes before I have to go take Christopher. But I decided to leave immediately since knowing from last year, parking would be a little difficult. I dropped Christopher and his bag of 18 goodie bags and 2 packs of juice boxes at school, then relaxed an hour in the car listening to the radio. Before you knew it, it was 10:30am and time for Christopher's parade. It was really cute! And he still had his wig on! Afterwards, I spent the time chatting with my friend Katti while we waited for the boys to come out. We went to Mc D's then returned for our grade schoolers parade. Now was THAT an experience! LOL
When we arrived we went up to the bleachers so we can take pictures of the children without the chainlink fence in the way. Me the avid scrapbooker could not deal with that! We made sure we were not obstructing anyone that may have wanted to sit on the bleachers. We made it a point to look behind us. Coast is clear. Not even 3 minutes later a mom who I have had the distinct "honor" of associating with (NOT!) says, "Hey can you move out of the way! We want to take video and pics of our child without anyone in the frame!" Huh? OK that is great, come down and stand by the pole like the rest of us. I didn't say this, and even though we were several feet to her right and not in her line of vision, we still moved a couple of steps to the right. Her mother started yelling "SIT DOWN SIT DOWN! YOU CAN SIT BEHIND US!" I looked at her and her daughter and pointed out that we weren't in front of them and they had plenty of room to video and photograph thier bratty child. Nope, this didn't satisfy her. We just turned around. Any person that came to my left she would attack them. Until one lady said "Maam, first ofall I am in not in your direct view. Second, the kids go around twice. You have to decide. Either you stand up here like the rest of us, or you sit and have obstruction. This isn't Disney on Ice!We are all here to take pics of the kids." Well said!
After the parade we went home and waited for Leilani to arrive. We cleaned up and spruced up our little Jasmine and Jack Sparrow and went off to our friend Jodi's house. She hosts an annual Halloween Pizza Party before we all set out trick or treating. Her husband goes all out and decorates the house with spooky decorations and wires out sounds of people screaming and halloween music. Leilani and Christopher always have a blast. This year was no exception. By the time everything was over, they both had pumpkins filled to the rim with treats enough to last them till next halloween!
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment