Even with the extra day off in observance of Martin Luther King Jr, the weekend just breezed by! The kids and I had the pleasure of having Mike the extra day too. This is the first company in a long long time in which they give him this holiday off.
Saturday we packed up the van, set up the DVD player and headed to Derby, CT to visit with my dear brother and family. The drive up was uneventful until we were 20 minutes away. Suddenly Mike had to brake suddenly. Turns out a car got into a major accident when a branch fell off a tree and hit the car causing the car to spin out and hit the guardrails. Lucky thing it only involved one vehicle, but fortunately the occupants of the car survived. We did see one of the passengers bleeding from a head wound and naturally very shaken up. To believe that it happened a mere 8 cars ahead of us.
We spent a good 24 hours with Raul, Christine, and Jonathan. We chatted when we arrived, then went to the mall looking to do some window shopping and if by chance find any good deals. Mike and I did find some shirts and a scarf at Old Navy. Grand total for 3 shirts and a scarf was a whopping $8. Sweet! You can't beat that!
We headed back at 8pm and I cooked up some dinner for us all. After much chatting and laughing as always we decided to call it a night. Next morning we headed back out to NJ in order to get home in time for "24". Our much anticipated show! And it surely didn't disappoint! We heart Jack Bauer.Which leads us to today. It was a dreary day so we couldn't do much outside. We did go food shopping. Christopher is feeling under the weather. He has a slight fever and if you ask him if anything hurts, he responds " My Brain hurts!" Poor baby! I am hoping that it is just a 24 hour thing and he is feeling better by the morning. If not I will have to take him to the Docs office instead of taking him to school.
This is my last week off before school begins again. I am hoping to get alot done in the area of organizing and scrapbooking. That will also depend on when the wake for Mike's aunt is scheduled for. His dad called yesterday evening with the somber news that his sister died from pnemonia. Since they have alot of family in Ecuador, the family is waiting for them to schedule thier flights into the city before making final arrangements. So we are playing it by ear.
In better news, I just recieved Leilani's 1st Communion dress in the mail! We ordered it from Storybook Heirlooms. The price was unbelieveable. Turns out that is because they are going out of business. Originally I ordered it on New Year's Eve. Someone called me and told me they didn't have it. I was so bummed. But then last week something told me to call and check the availability again. Turns out they said they had it. So ordered it then just hoped and prayed they would actually maile it to me. The dress arrived today and it is simply adorable. Leilani loved twirling around in it. We do need to have it altered since it fit her too long. But otherwise it was perfect!
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment