It's that time of year when all Girl Scouts in our county don on thier vest and walk around thier neighborhood (with an adult of course) and sell what seems to be the nations most delicious cookies. Lei was no different. The moment she arrived home from school yesterday she put on her vest and said "Mommy, we need to go." I had a talk with her the day before letting her know that we were not going to peddle her sweet treats from the start of one street to the end of the other. Although this year the day wasn't nearly as blistering cold as last year, but I am taking no chances that the day we have to deliver them they will be just as cold.
So the sale started. She went door to door and gave her little introduction and for the most part she sold her cookies. But what gets to me is the people who answered thier door and blatantly lied. "Oh I just bought 20 boxes from a girl who knocked on the door last week. Sorry honey you are too late." Hmmm, that's odd since the sale doesn't start till today. Not to mention it is really odd that the girl only knocked on YOUR DOOR. Wouldn't every door that opened today would have said that someone knocked on thier door already?? Of course I had to explain to Lei that there are some people who don't have the heart to say "I don't want any, thank you." and feel they have to fib to protect your feelings. She looked up at me and said "It's ok if they said that Mom. They don't have to lie." Yes, my lovely daughter is a smart one.
By the time it started getting dark, it was 5:30pm and Leilani had sold 83 boxes. Not to shabby. Last year she sold 230 boxes, but as I said, she had me go from start to finish of 3 streets! Hopefully the rest of my girl scout troop are faring as well.
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment