CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Confession....

My last week of freedom was spent nice and quiet. I decided to get all my scrapbook things in order and made a whopping 40 page kits with swaps and paper that I have. As many may know, I have fallen drastically behind on scrapbooking since completing my Disney 2005 album. I wanted to concentrate on completing it from start to finish in 2006 since I knew that I would have to commence a new Disney 2007 album at the end of the year. My biggest mistake was joining swaps that were due later in the year 2006 because that meant I would have to sit on idle hands and wait for it to be mailed back to me in order to complete it. Suffice it to say it is done! WOOHOO! But I did learn from that album...make sure I have all the swaps and supplies necessary BEFORE the next trip so that once I get my pictures I can scrap them and complete the album quickly and efficiently.

Yesterday I spent the day alone with the kids. Mike had to go to a funeral for his aunt who died suddenly from pneumonia on Saturday. Since Leilani gets very emotional when she learns someone has died, we thought it wise to not take her to a funeral where most adults will be extremely emotional. I let them decide what they wanted to do and they unanimously selected McD's with the playground. Gee, I love spending my Saturday in a packed germ infested playground with kids running a muck. I decided what the heck, I went armed with the last 3 Creating Keepsakes magazines to peruse at my leisure, while the two of them spent thier energy. 2 hours later we made our way back home and shortly thereafter Mike arrived home. It was a bittersweet visit. He really enjoyed seeing all his cousins and talking to his aunts and uncles. He promised that he would stay in touch. After all, family is of the utmost importance.

Today was Leilani's first penance. She looked beautiful in her rose colored dress. As I was doing her hair she confided that she was a bit nervous. I reassured her that everything will go well. The mass was beautiful, and she did great.

Tomorrow is my first day of classes. I am prepared with my 4 textbooks, folders and notebook. American Lit and World Lit, here I come!

0 comments: