CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

RSVP

Main Entry: RSVP
Function: French répondez s'il vous plaît
Inflected Form(s): please reply
Usage: abbreviation

I don't get it....Do people not know what this means? Usually when someone writes this on an invite, it means call and say whether you are going or not going. Do they not know that the hostesses would like to know in order to have an estimate as to how much food they need to make, how many souveniers need to be done, etc.

RSVP was the topic of conversation between the preschool moms and I this morning. Two of the moms had birthday parties this weekend and both were fretting on how many goody bags to make since only 8 out of 25 kids invited RSVP. I find myself in the same predicament. I, along with my best friend, Brenda's parents and In Laws are organizing her baby shower. And out of 29 invites I mailed out, only 6 have RSVP. This is so un-nerving. What ever happened to etiquette? What ever happened to common courtesy? Ay Ve!

I Digress....

For the past few days I have been feeling under the weather. I think I caught a really bad cold. My throat is killing me, I had a slight fever, and the cough makes my throat hurt even more. Of course as a SAHM, you can't call in sick. So I have been chugging along. I am hoping all is better by this weekend. Leilani's birthday party! More details to come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I truly hate when people do not RSVP --- it's one of my biggest pet peeves!!! If I were you, I'd call all 29 people on your invite list.

Melissa S said...

Hey Carmen! I have found that the best way to deal is to set the RSVP for 1 week prior to the party..then on the first day past the deadline I call the ones that haven't RSVP'd...that usually takes care of it. Then...if I don't hear back from someone I make a goodie bag just in case.

Hope you are feeling better!