I have to say that this weekend, although for the most part quiet, went wonderfully!
Friday, a couple of friends and I went to a gift auction for the townships Special Education PTA. Since our school was not organizing one this year, and we had so much fun at last years, we decided to go and support the SEPTA and have a good ladies night out. The prizes they had were incredible! My friend, Cheri, had awesome luck all night winning 8 prizes. By 11:30pm, I reserved myself to thinking this is just not a lucky night for me. They were calling out the numbers for the jumbo prizes. I only had gotten the 4 Jumbo tickets I had recieved in my $30 assortment of tickets bag. I used one ticket for the Wii (I know I have one already, but hey I could always sell it! LOL), and placed the other 3 in the bucket for the Cedar Hope Chest. It was chock full of towels, a down comforter, sheet sets, washcloths and other goodies.
Anyway, I was sitting there...getting sleepy when they called the numbers. Were my eyes decieving me? I waited till they called the numbers again. And sure enough! It was my number! I let out a WOOHOO! I was so excited!!! I never win anything big at these things! Now it sits proudly at the foot of my bed in my bedroom.
Saturday was a dreary rainy day. I spent the whole day indoors. Even if it were sunny I would've spent the day indoors since I had to complete a lab report for my Biology class. I have no problem with the class just as long as I don't have to look at anything under the microscope. I don't know, I think I may be dyslexic or something when it comes to observing cells and decifering what is a nucleus and all that. I don't see anything! It all looks like a huge blob to me. I am counting the days till this class is over...
Sunday was the busiest of the 3 days. I took Christopher to a classmates birthday party at a gymnastics place. He had a great time! Then we took Grandma A to the mall to pick up some items she wanted to get for the kiddies Easter baskets. She was so sweet and picked up a really pretty blouse and skirt for me to wear for Easter. Then we came back home and I was out the door with Leilani to start delivering Girl Scout cookies. It wouldn't have been so bad if it weren't so darn windy! We managed to deliver half of the boxes. The others will be delivered between today and Friday. It's wonderful that she sold 200+ boxes of cookies...the negative is having to deliver them all.
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





5 comments:
you are one lucky lady...I never win anything.
Yeah! Glad you won Carmen..and congreats to Leilani for selling soo many cookies!
That is just a beautiful hope chest! Way to go! And chock full of stuff to boot?? COOL!
Lucky you! & yes it is a small world!! I used to live on Grand Concourse so I was right by Fordham.
oh my, that's alot of cookies. mmm, some thin mints would be awesome right now! congrats on winning the chest, that's uber cool. hey thanks for dropping by my blog! i should have a new blog up on friday announcing the winner. hope you drop by again and good luck!! :D
xoxo
jess
Post a Comment