CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I'm Back....

After walking around in a fog from my sinus infection for the past week and a half, I am back to some semblance of my normal self.

It took me a while to bounce back due to the fact that I was running around non-stop without getting the much needed rest I needed to recuperate. After Leilani's birthday party I had little time to rest.

Last week was spent volunteering and prepping for the much anticipated teacher's baby shower! Since it was a surprise we had to carry on in stealth mode. There were parents to call, cupcakes to bake.... The day of the party was also Leilani's actual birthday and she wanted mommy baked chocolate chip cookies to celebrate with her class. Being the good mommy, I spent most of Tuesday baking in the kitchen. We still had CCD and dance to go to as well, but I kept chugging along.

Baby shower went on without a hitch. Teacher was pleasantly surprised and had an amazing time. The children loved showering her with gifts. After weeks of preparation, I was so glad it all turned out the way we imagined it would be.

So the next day I got to rest, right? WRONG! LOL The teacher asked me the week before if I can put together a Spring breakfast for her last day. I happily agreed not knowing I would be feeling like an air head. I floated my way to school that morning and helped out with the breakfast. It was bittersweet. This would be the last time I would be seeing Leilani's 3rd grade teacher. I wished her the best of luck with her new baby and bid her farewell.

The weekend whizzed by in the blink of an eye. Easter weekend was spent dyeing Easter eggs, going to the movies (Horton Hears a Who....cute movie), going to church, and watching Netflix movies. Monday, Mike took the day off and we went to New York City to the New York International Auto Show. It was a fun day spent just the two of us.

After a good nights sleep, I am totally recharged and ready to go! Which is a good thing. I have quite a busy week!

Stay tuned!

0 comments: