Let's just say this is a belated resolution to my list of New Year's Resolutions. Being a perfectionists this is hard concept to live by. Wanting to please everyone, makes it ever the more difficult.
But in all honesty, it is an ever important way to lead your life. When we sit and mull over something trivial, all we do to ourselves is lose sleep, cloud the mind with negative thoughts and essentially drain your happiness. Even more so, we have to be aware of those around us that are filled with negative energy who want to see you in the same spot as them. Most of all we need to accept, however difficult it may be, that we can not make everyone happy.
After having a draining week, I recieved an email which I allowed to get me bent out of shape. Thinking back, I know it was something so trivial, but with the stress of week, and my trying to meet a deadline for a lab report, it pushed me over the edge.
But I have to say I am ever so thankful to have such wonderful friends. Jenn, let me vent, and then assisted me in finding a solution. In the end Jenn helped me realize what I knew all along... I didn't do anything wrong. I followed the directions given and that is all I should concern myself with.
In essence, I Can't Sweat the Small Stuff.
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





3 comments:
I know exactly how u feel...misery loves company. I have a bad habit of wanted to please everyone so you're not the only one!
It's hard sometimes, but in the BIG picture of things, you are sooo right! You can't sweat the small stuff because in the end, it really just doesn't matter that much anyway!
Carmen..I soo know what you mean...I even have that written as a blog topper...
Hugs to yoU!
Post a Comment