By this time tomorrow, we will be flying the friendly skies to the state of Florida. Would have said the sunny state of Florida, but it seems that tomorrow we will be greeted with dark clouds and thunderstorms. Ugh! Oh well, I can always pray my hardest that the Disney portion of our trip is on marred by one day of rain. They can definitely use it!
All our bags are packed and all I need to do today is pack up our toiletries and pick out our traveling outfits. Since the plane is usually cold I like to travel in jeans a tshirt and a sweater. That way I can slip it off once we get down to the warmer temperatures. We have been so spoiled here with unsesasonably warm temps and were just reminded the past couple of days what the weather really should feel like, that we are desperate to get back to the 80 degree weather! LOL Funny how all summer I can not wait till the hot weather is over, but once the cold start setting in I am frantic to get a couple of hot days. Oh well! We are never really truly 100% satisfied now are we?
A bit of a recap, I spoke to the bus driver last Friday. I had to wait till after school once she was dropped off because when she was picked up in the morning it seems the driver was in a rush. Leilani went onto the bus and the doors closed immediately. Since it was 8 minutes to 9 I figured I could wait till she she returned to talk to him. But I watched as she went on the bus and sat next to her girl scout friend instead. I heard "K" calling her over. Leilani just waved hello to her and then sat down. I couldn't wait for her to arrive home to find out if there were any issues involved on the ride to school.
Upon her return, I was waiting at the end of the driveway and cornered the bus driver before he can drop off. I explained to him what happened and that Leilani switched her seat. Since he is new he doesn't know the names of the kids and is just getting to know them. He said thanks for making him aware of the situation and he will keep his eye out for "K" and her antics.
I prepared Leilani a snack and gave her a glass of milk. I asked her how was her day at school, and she cheerfully told me the highlights of her day, in true Leilani fashion. She loves school! I love the fact she loves it too. Then I asked her how did the bus go. She said "K" questioned why she wasn't sitting with her, and in Leilani's words "I didn't want to hurt her feelings, so I told her I wanted to sit with my girl scout friends from now on." She then went on to tell me "K" rolled her eyes at her and gave her a mean face. "K" tried again fruitlessly to get Leilani to sit with her on the way home, but Leilani stuck to her guns. Yesterday's trip on the bus went much better. Thank God.
The next time I write I will be going through trip withdrawal....Hope everyone has a wonderful 10 days!
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





1 comments:
Have a fabulous disney vacation! can't wait to read all about it when you return!!!!!
Post a Comment