CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Feeling Crampy

I never thought I would ever be happy to seeing "my friend" come for a visit. I was excited last month when I calculated that she would drop in a week before our trip! So of course when I saw her this morning I was thrilled. Even though I don't think she is too happy that she will not be going on the trip with us. For she is kicking my BUTT today leaving me feeling all crampy.

This weekend we had absolutely nothing planned, which worked out wonderfully since we wanted to get our packing done. That was a huge undertaking! See, I have never done laundry during a trip. No Siree! I am on vacation! There is no way you can get me to spend 2 boring hours cooped up in a dull, hot laundry room when I can be having FUN at say an amusement park?? Or feeling the warm sea breeze running through my hair on deck with a fruity cocktail?? So in refusing to do laundry, this means that we have to pack 11 outfits for our trip. I was well on my way in packing...Did the first 4 days of the trip and had everything neatly packed. Then did day 9-11 (which are the days after the cruise, and got that neatly packed. I was on a role!

And then....when starting the packing for the cruise I discovered...HEY, it isn't just 4 days I am packing for! We have dinners to dress for too! Although this is a Disney cruise and they are a bit more casual than say Carnival (we sailed with them for our honeymoon) I still think it is a bit inappropriate to show up to dinner in jeans and a t-shirt. I already had our semi-formal wear selected, so off I went to pull out an additional 12 outfits for the family. Needless to say, it was a good thing that we had nothing planned the whole weekend! It took me till 3pm to complete the packing. Now I am relieved and ready to wait out the next 9 days till we go!

Last thing I have to pack is our carry on. Since Grandma Auri borrowed my small carr on suitcase for her trip to Ecuador, I have to wait till she comes over with it on Saturday in order to pack that up. In the meantime, Leilani and Christopher's Halloween costumes are in the small rubbermaid container I had used to store all the Disney Store t-shirts I found and collected throughout the past year. Bathing suits and swimmies are there since we plan to go swimming after lunch on arrival day (October 31st), and all the other essentials. I even stashed my mags I have received in the mail so I can peruse them during the flight. Have to load up some more tunes on my IPOD, and I may even download an episode or two of Hannah Montana for Leilani (if and only the PC is back up and running.)

I am getting so excited about this trip! I will love the Disney portion of it, but I am sure I will ADORE the cruise part even better. Nothing spells relaxing and letting all your cares float away than sailing away in the Carribean!

1 comments:

Melissa S said...

Oh...glad I got to read about your upcoming trip! I hope to hear a trip report once you get back! We are doing the Cozumel Disney cruise in March!