CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 13, 2006

Fun-filled Weekend is Over...

now the work of the week begins!

Grandma Auri came on Thursday to help out with the birthday dinner gathering we were going to have for Christopher on Saturday. It is amazing how after years of having her over and without fail having one heated discussion with her...the last couple of times she has stayed have been very pleasant. This one was no exception. We had a wonderful time talking and laughing and watching "novelas" and spanish talk shows. I really do hope that this new and improved MIL is here to stay.

Saturday was spent running from the moment we woke up till the moment we went to bed. We had made family portrait appointments for 9:30am. So that meant we needed to wake up at 7am so the 4 of us can get dressed, eat breakfast and Leilani and I can patiently do our hair. The pictures turned out great! And even better they will be ready before I need to send my mom's Christmas package off to her. Afterwards we did some running around getting last minute items for the gathering and picked up the birthday cake. We changed to more comfortable clothing when we returned back home and I made my mom's favorite ham.

The gathering was set for 3pm, but of course knowing how latin and carribean people are...we didn't get our first guests arriving till 4:15pm. LOL Raul arrived with Christine and Jonathan first. and roughly 30 minutes Chris' godparents arrived with thier little ones Jake and Dylan. After eating and socializing, I took out our favorite game Taboo. Lets just say we HOOKED 7 people onto the game that day. It was a wonderful way to spend the evening.

Next morning, I woke up and made pancakes for breakfast for the family and too soon we had to say goodbye to Raul, Christine, and Jonathan. We always have a great time with them but the time goes by too quick. They dropped off Grandma Auri on the way home.

A wonderful weekend was had by us. We can not wait till the next time we get to do it again!

0 comments: