CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 11, 2007

Last Week of School!

Boy, have I been busy the last week! School is winding down here, and like always it is really busy. With thank you notes to write to teachers, organizing last day of Girl Scouts and getting the year end report done, attending field day and preschool graduations....it has been quite fun but hectic!

Field Day was alot of fun for Leilani. She was really excited in the weeks leading up to it. During the days when she had Physical Education, she would practice and prepare for the big day. She asked if I would go to watch her play and of course I told her yes. It was alot of fun watching her being competitive. And of course I had to take tons of pics! LOL

Now I had a first with Christopher this year. Leilani attended preschool for 2 years, and Kindergarten for a year and she never had a graduation ceremony. This year that changed with Christopher. Imagine my surprise when I was given 2 tickets for his preschool graduation! I was ecstatic! On Thursday, I picked up Leilani at 1:15pm so that she can accompany me to the graduation (this also gave her the chance to see the inside of Christopher's school!) The ceremony was adorable! Chris even remembered his lines when it was his turn to speak! I was so happy to share this first with him.

The rest of the day was a mad dash to get everything done. It was the last day of Girl Scouts for the year and I had to load up the car with all the goodies that the parents sent in for the party. And if that wasn't exhausting enough, we had a bridging ceremony to attend that evening! That turned out beautiful. Leilani was excited that she was recognized for being a leaders daughter with a pretty carnation bouquet. I also got a hanging flower pot!

The weekend we just decided to relax. I got alot of reading done for my History course, so I was happy about that. We went to a Seafood Festival. And Sunday we went to visit Grandma Auri before she leaves to Ecuador for the summer. Thankfully next weekend is also a relaxing one. With the exception of a party Leilani is going to attend, we have nothing planned. Feels good since this weekend officially starts summer vacation!

0 comments: