CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Not So Fast!


Several months ago I wrote how we were so lucky that we would be saving a couple of bucks on Halloween costumes this year since I had bought Christopher a Power Ranger costume for an obcenely low price (Like $3) and how Leilani agreed that she would be a ballerina princess and reuse this years recital costume......Well....

This morning Leilani woke up and sat on my bed and this is how the conversation went:

Leilani: Mom, we are going to trick or treat at Downtown Disney this year right?

Me: Yes Sweetie, that's right.

Leilani: Well....I really don't want to be a ballerina princess....

Me: Oh? Why not honey?

Leilani: Well, Christopher is going to be a Disney Channel character. I would like to be one too.

Me: But all sorts of princesses are Disney Characters. You will be Leilani Ballerina Princess....the smart and sassy and might I add a beautiful princess.

Leilani: (laughs) But I really want to be a Disney Princess. Like a real one that is in a movie that everyone has watched.

Me: You have already been Belle, and Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty....

Leilani: (cuts me off midsentence) I have never ever been Ariel. I want to be The Little Mermaid.

Me: Lei, Little Mermaid has red hair, and remember you dont do well with wigs....

Leilani: Oh I will be the dark haired version. Please mom!

Ugh Oh. There goes our plan of saving a few bucks. I emailed Mike and told him that not all was well with our Halloween plans. He ok-ed getting her a costume as long as she isn't going to change her mind. I found the above one on EBAY and showed it to Leilani for approval. So this year we will have a Power Ranger and Ariel for Halloween!

0 comments: