OK, I will never, ever, for the life of me understand what prompts certain individuals to do the things they do.
I am an avid yard sale hostess. With 2 children and mountains upon mountains of practically new toys that end up tossed aside after 3 uses, or clothing that is outgrown before they are used 3 times, I tend to collect a whole lot of goods to occupy space in my storage room. So once a year I pack up the Sienna and trek over to the County Park to sell these goodies off to those looking for a bargain and who are happy to pay a small amount to take the items off my hands (and storage room). Now lets get one thing straight, I don't price my items to haggle. I price to sell. This doesn't mean give away! I mean if I was going to give it away I would go to The Red Cross and donate the items to individuals who really need them...not Ms. Bedazzled-Carrying 4 bags Worth of Goods-and Has a Wad of Dollar Bills in Her Hand-Who Wants a Gap Button Down Jean Jacket that is Priced at $5 (a meager amount since it cost me $38)-and Wants to Give Me 50 cents for it. YES!!! She had the audacity to say "Hey I'll give you 50 cents for it. This was 2 seasons ago." HUH??? Ummm, do I have IDIOT scrawled across my forehead? I told her No. She kept trying to get me to give it to her for first 50 cents and then 75 cents. I kept telling her no, "Can you see that it has never been used? Price tag is still on it! I can get more for it on EBAY, but I just don't want the fuss of listing and shipping." The lady walked away with a "Your Loss" mumbled under her breath. Sure enough a woman walked up not even 5 minutes later and scooped it up and happily paid the $5 and said "Your prices are AWESOME!" I Digress....
Well, I am off to get ready for church. Happy Mother's Day to all the Mommies out there!
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment