CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Paid Back Sleep Bank..Now I Am Back In Full Effect!


after 10 weeks of careful planning with Omar and Tina, we pulled off Tina's baby shower with extreme success. Only snag was Tina recieving me as a surprise. Omar had purchased a ticket for me to attend Tina's baby shower and surprise her for a long weekend. For 3 days straight prior to my April 13th flight to Fort Lauderdale, I told Grandma Auri, if anyone should call...ANYONE....tell them that I am not home. I comtemplated just having the answering machine pick up the phone. But I thought, Hey, she can handle telling everyone I am not home right? Well for the majority of the morning she did. But 30 minutes prior to my landing in Fort Lauderdale, Tina calls the house. Instead of her saying, "Carmen is not here at the moment" she says "Oh Carmen is in Miami, she will be back on Monday." UUUGGHHH!!!!!!! WHY, Oh, WHY did she do that!!!! When I called she said she thought it was a friend of mine. HELLO!!!! The whole idea was to tell ANYONE that I am not home. So she screwed up the surprise. Immediately upon hearing that I was going to be in "Miami" ( Grandma Auri calls ALL Florida, Miami), she called her hubby Omar and said "Hey I know my sister is coming, when is she arriving and what airport." It was so sweet seeing her and her adorable belly come to greet me at the airport.

We had a wonderful few days prior to the shower preparing and spending quality time together. I so miss seeing her! One thing for sure I lost many hours of sleep! Tina stays up till all hours of the evening. I told her that will change once Tianna arrives. After a much to fast 4 days with my little sis, it was time to return home. I was utterly exhausted from lack of sleep, and when I boarded the plan all I wanted to do was sleep for the 3 hour flight. That wouldn't happen since I was seated next to a chatterbox older fellow from Point Pleasant and he insisted on talking for the whole 3 hours straight about his many travels. Not even closing my eyes would quiet this man down! Needless to say, I greeted my babies the moment I walked in the door, ate dinner, and was comatose before my head hit the pillow!


The rest of the week went by in a blur. Before I knew it it was Saturday! And I finally got to see Christopher play soccer! I missed his very first game the weekend before since I was in Florida. But Mike remembered to videotape and I caught a glimpse of what he does before Saturday mornings game. Of course I had to take tons of pics! He looked so cute! He even asked the coach if he can be the goalie, and he did a great job at it too.

Sunday was Girl Scout Day at Great Adventures. Once we saw that the weather would be beautiful this weekend, I called council to see if they had any tickets for the event. They did! And what a deal! FOr $40 we got admission to the park and Wild Safari, lunch for all of us and a patch for Leilani. PLUS we got a return ticket for all of us for the Safari and the park! How cool is that. We had a great time for the most part. At around 3pm Leilani was spiking a fever. She said she wanted to go home. Now knowing Leilani well she is really sick if she is requesting to go home from an amusement park. So we called it a day. We had return tickets to come back another time. More than likely in September when the weather is beautiful and brisk.
Yesterday morning found us at the Pediatrician's office. Turns out Leilani has a bad upper respitatory infection. She was put on a dose of antibiotics and nebulizer treatments. My poor baby girl! She looks miserable. Even though she tries to keep her spirits up. So I have my little girl at home till Thursday. We've napped and watched TV and now I am off to scrapbook!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you sure know how to write a blog. I wish I could write half as good as you can.

My internet connection was slow opening your page. While loading it only showed half of your face. I could only see your eyes. I could of sworn I saw your brothers eyes. I was expecting to see someone related to him. Sure enough there you were. Your sister looks beautiful. I love the shirt you were wearing. Silk is definately in now.

Tianna is such a beautiful name. Did you help her pick the name?

I didn't know Chris plays soccer. My nephews love soccer too.

Poor Leilani. Is she better now?

Scrapping My 2 Precious Gems said...

Hi Mariana! How wonderful to see you post! The eyes are definitely the attribute my brother and I share. Tina let me name my little niece. I wanted something similar to her mommy's name but something that was quite different than all the names out there. Tianna fit the bill! I was so honored to have the opportunity to name her! Chris just started soccer. He likes it. Leilani is doing much better today.